REGISTER HERE to consign.
What Does it Mean to Consign?
For the Lil' Vermonters Consignment Event, you prepare each item to be sold (i.e., wash, hang on a hanger if necessary, etc.) and you set the price and fill in the description on each tag. You will make 70% commission on every item that is sold.
What Can be Consigned?
Anything & everything you have used for your children. All clothing up to size 14, and maternity clothing, kids' shoes, rain boots, light jackets, snow coats, pants & boots (only during the fall/winter sale), costumes, gently used (and VERY clean) cloth diapers, playpens, co-sleepers, high chairs, boppies, swings, bouncers, gliders, nursing stools, changing pads, covers, & tables, cribs (except drop-side), crib sheets & mattress pads, baby carriers, baby tubs, exersaucers, toys, children's books, puzzles, DVD's, CD's, hair accessories, and I'm sure the list goes on and on. Everything must be in GREAT CONDITION. No STAINS, TEARS, ODORS, etc.
What Can't be Consigned?
Recalled items (Bumbo seats must have straps installed!), car seats, drop-side cribs, breast pumps (unless unopened), baby food & formula, disposable diapers (unless unopened), stuffed animals (unless new, with tags), anything unrelated to baby/kid/maternity.
How do I Get Started?
- Register here to obtain a consignor ID# & to access the tagging system.
- Read our How to & Rules page
- Look over www.cpsc.gov to see what's been recalled.
- Start tagging your items. You have until 11:59PM on Sunday, September 30th to enter your items into the system. If you have any questions, please contact Michelle.
- Review the pricing guide as a reference.
- Schedule a drop off appointment for October 4th or 5th. This must also be done by 11:59PM on September 30th.
- Please also schedule a pick-up appointment for October 6th, unless you plan to donate all leftover unsold items. Consignors will have access to their unsold items reports and need to find their own items during their pick-up appointment.
What Materials will I Need?
- Any size hangers for the clothing. (Check with you're local dry cleaner or clothing store to see if they'll give you some for free.) Children's hangers can be very inexpensive at stores like Big Lots & Walmart.
- Zip ties for shoes
- Sealable bags for toys with lots of pieces
- Safety pins or a tagging gun for attaching tags tags (a tagging gun will save you time and money!).
- Tape or string for securing the tags to gear & toys. Please try not to damage the item while securing the tag.
- Batteries - all battery powered items must have batteries installed so the buyers know that they work. These will be checked at your drop-off appointment.
- Scissors (for cutting all those tags).
- A computer & printer for generating the tags.
- Card stock paper to print the tags on (needs to be thicker than standard printer paper).
What Happens after the Sale?
Consignors will need to schedule a Pick-Up Appointment through the Consignor Portal. Unsold item reports will be uploaded immediately after the sale and consignors will need to come find their unsold items during their pick-up appointments. Consignors are encouraged to print their reports at home or bring a tablet/smart phone (internet access will be available). Reports may be printed from Lil' Vermonters computers on an as needed basis. Anything left at the venue after 8PM will be donated, no exceptions. Commission checks will be mailed within 10 days after the event.