REGISTER HERE to consign.
What Does it Mean to Consign?
For the Lil' Vermonters Consignment Event, you prepare each item to be sold (i.e., wash, hang on a hanger if necessary, etc.) and you set the price and fill in the description on each tag. You will make 70% commission on every item that is sold.
What Can be Consigned?
Anything & everything you have used for your children. All clothing up to size 14, and maternity clothing, kids' shoes, rain boots, light jackets, snow coats, pants & boots (only during the fall/winter sale), costumes, gently used (and VERY clean) cloth diapers, playpens, co-sleepers, high chairs, boppies, swings, bouncers, gliders, nursing stools, changing pads, covers, & tables, cribs (except drop-side), crib sheets & mattress pads, baby carriers, baby tubs, exersaucers, toys, children's books, puzzles, DVD's, CD's, hair accessories, and I'm sure the list goes on and on. Everything must be in GREAT CONDITION. No STAINS, TEARS, ODORS, etc.
What Can't be Consigned?
Recalled items (Bumbo seats must have straps installed!), car seats, drop-side cribs, breast pumps (unless unopened), baby food & formula, disposable diapers (unless unopened), stuffed animals (unless new, with tags), anything unrelated to baby/kid/maternity.
How do I Get Started?
- Register here to obtain a consignor ID# & to access the tagging system.
- Read our How to & Rules page
- Look over www.cpsc.gov to see what's been recalled.
- Start tagging your items. You have until 11:59PM on Sunday, October 8th to enter your items into the system. If you have any questions, just contact Michelle.
- Review the pricing guide as a reference.
- Schedule a drop off appointment for October 12th or 13th. This must also be done by 11:59PM on October 8th.
What Materials will I Need?
- Any size hangers for the clothing. (Check with you're local dry cleaner or clothing store to see if they'll give you some for free.) Children's hangers can be very inexpensive at stores like Babies R' Us & Walmart. Walmart sells a bundle of 10 kids' hangers for $1 in their children's department.
- Zip ties for shoes
- Sealable bags for toys with lots of pieces
- Safety pins or a tagging gun for attaching tags tags (a tagging gun will save you time and money!).
- Tape or string for securing the tags to gear & toys. Please try not to damage the item while securing the tag.
- Batteries - all battery powered items must have batteries installed so the buyers know that they work. These will be checked at your drop-off appointment.
- Scissors (for cutting all those tags).
- A computer & printer for generating the tags.
- Card stock paper to print the tags on (needs to be thicker than standard printer paper).
What Happens after the Sale?
Once the sale is over, volunteers will sort unsold items by consignor number. Consignors can then pick up their items between 7 & 8PM on October 14th. Alternatively, consignors may also print an unsold item report from home and find their own unsold items once the sale is over. Anything left at the venue after 8PM will be donated, no exceptions. Commission checks will be mailed within a week to 10 days after the sale is over.